Ford has a very rich history as one of the oldest car manufacturers. You probably know a great deal about the manufacturer, but here are some interesting facts about Ford you might not know:
- Ford is the second largest family owned company in the world.
- The very first Ford was sold in 1903 for $850. It could got a maximum speed of 30 mph.
- Henry Ford and Thomas Edison were lifelong friends.
- Henry Ford wanted his workers to have a “life” not just a “living” and expanded the middle class and fair wages movement by creating the “$5-a-day” salary (equivalent to an impressive “$118-a-day in 2016.)
- Jim Morrison, legendary Door singer, only ever owned a 1967 Shelby GT 500.
- Ford’s signature logo didn’t come about until 4 years after the company was already in production.
- Ironically, Chevrolet used a Ford SuperDuty to set up their Chevy Truck display at the Texas State Fair in 2012.
- In 1965, a Ford Mustang was brought to the observation deck of the Empire State Building in four separate pieces through using elevators.