Whether summer road trips are a family tradition or you’re going on a big summer ride for the first time, a few more tips never hurt! Check out this list of summer road trip tips to inspire you before you hit the highway:
- Be sure to get your vehicle checked out by a professional before you go, and get up to date on oil changes, fluid levels, tire pressure, etc.
- Clear out the trunk of your vehicle, getting rid of any clutter, and consider replacing it with some non-perishable snacks, fresh water, and a first-aid kit.
- Map your route out ahead of time on a physical map, just in case your phone dies, and be sure to mark any nearby hospitals in case of an emergency.
- Similarly, plan where you will stop to eat ahead of time. This way, you won’t end up blowing money on gas station candy or at fast food restaurants when hunger strikes.
- If you are travelling with children or young ones, stock the back seat with small games and toys. Be prepared to pull over more often, and try to be patient.
For more tips and safety advice, or to get behind the wheel of a new car entirely, give us a call or stop by anytime here at Hassett Pre-Owned.